Saturday, 16 March 2013
I like to look at footwear with embellishment as a form of an artistic style statement by the designer and the wearer. Something nice and pretty for the young and fashionable. Saw these at Top Shop in Marina Mall.
Women have a whole set of rules for men, right, (the do's, the don'ts and what's expected of them). Well, here are a set of "Man's Rules" for women. Read through. Sounds funny?, sounds true?, or does it all now makes sense? I am sharing this from a post my daughter put up in her facebook page yesterday.
PLEASE NOTE. THESE ARE ALL NUMBERED #1 ON PURPOSE!
1. MEN ARE NOT MIND READERS.
1. LEARN TO WORK THE TOILET SEAT. YOU'RE A BIG GIRL. IF IT'S UP, PUT IT DOWN. WE NEED IT UP, YOU NEED IT DOWN. YOU DON'T HEAR US COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU LEAVING IT DOWN.
1. CRYING IS BLACKMAIL.
1. ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. LET US BE CLEAR ON THIS ONE:
SUBTLE HINTS DO NOT WORK!
STRONG HINTS DO NOT WORK!
OBVIOUS HINTS DO NOT WORK!
JUST SAY IT!
1. YES AND NO ARE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWERS TO ALMOST EVERY QUESTION.
1.. COME TO US WITH A PROBLEM ONLY IF YOU WANT HELP SOLVING IT. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. SYMPATHY IS WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS ARE FOR.
1. ANYTHING WE SAID 6 MONTHS AGO IS INADMISSIBLE IN AN ARGUMENT. IN FACT, ALL COMMENTS BECOME NULL AND VOID AFTER 7 DAYS.
1. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE FAT, YOU PROBABLY ARE. DON'T ASK US.
1. IF SOMETHING WE SAID CAN BE INTERPRETED TWO WAYS AND ONE OF THE WAYS MAKES YOU SAD OR ANGRY, WE MEANT THE OTHER ONE.
1. YOU CAN EITHER ASK US TO DO SOMETHING OR TELL US HOW YOU WANT IT DONE. NOT BOTH.
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW BEST HOW TO DO IT, JUST DO IT YOURSELF.
1. WHENEVER POSSIBLE, PLEASE SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY DURING COMMERCIALS.
1. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS DID NOT NEED DIRECTIONS AND NEITHER DO WE...
1. ALL MEN SEE IN ONLY 16 COLORS, LIKE WINDOWS DEFAULT SETTINGS..
PEACH, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A FRUIT, NOT A COLOR. PUMPKIN IS ALSO A FRUIT. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MAUVE IS.
1. IF WE ASK WHAT IS WRONG AND YOU SAY 'NOTHING,' WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG. WE KNOW YOU ARE LYING, BUT IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
1. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION YOU DON'T WANT AN ANSWER TO, EXPECT AN ANSWER YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR..
1. WHEN WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING YOU WEAR IS FINE...REALLY.
1. DON'T ASK US WHAT WE'RE THINKING ABOUT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DISCUSS SUCH TOPICS AS FOOTBALL OR MOTOR SPORTS.
1. YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES.
1 . YOU HAVE TOO MANY SHOES.
1. I AM IN SHAPE. ROUND IS A SHAPE!
1.. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. YES, I KNOW, I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT.. BUT DID YOU KNOW MEN REALLY DON'T MIND THAT? IT'S LIKE CAMPING...
Guinness World Records in a Minute organized by Fiesta is being held at Marina Mall since Thursday March 14 to Saturday March 16. Today is the last day of the fun filled challenge fete for children. It's easy, there is no payment, no registration. Just go there and participate. Any number of children can participate. Five persons who complete a task in the shortest time within one minute will be noted. Out of that, one person who completed in shortest time compared to other participants will get to go on stage and peform once again and try to keep or break his own record. And he/she will be awarded Guinness world record certificate. The Guinness World Record event on Saturday 16 March will start at 1pm till 8pm. Friday's kids challenge events were:
1. Fastest time to build an Arabic coffee cup pyramid in one minute (both children and adults participated)
2. Most t-shirts removed and folded in one minute by Yiaco Apollo hospital (older and younger children).
3. Baskin Robbins - Most flavors recognized in one minute (older and younger children)
4. Fastest time to empty a tube of toothpaste in a minute by Sunstar Gum (younger children)
5. Fastest time to be fed 250 gms of baby food in one minute (supposedly for small children but I saw children above 10 years old participating as well !)
6. Fastest time to dress a doll in one minute by Gymboree (both children and adults)
If it's a children's challenge event for Guinness World Records, I didn't understand, why were adults participating. Or were some events open to both. Should have inquired, but I didn't. Anyways, if you plan on having a bit of fun either by participating or watching others perform, visit Marina Mall between 1pm and 8 pm. Today is the last day and today's events will be different from yesterday.
Here are some photos from yesterday's event.
As a part of the 'Guinness World Records in a Minute' event being held at Marina Mall, Salmiah, special guests, Guinness world record holders Ibrahim Takioulla from Morocco and Jyothi Amge from India were in Marina Mall on Thursday March 14 and Friday March 15 at Marina Mall. I had gone to see the Guinness events at Marina on Friday around 1.30pm. Ibrahim and Jyothi arrived around 2.30pm and stayed for half an hour. Ibrahim Takioulla has the largest feet in the world. His left foot measures 38.1 cms, and his right 37.5 cms. His shoe size is 58 and wears specially designed othropedic shoes to support his height and weight. Ibrahim is also the 3rd tallest man in the world (height 8 ft, 1 inch) Jyothi Amge, age 20, from Nagpur, India, (height 2 feet, weighs 5 kg) is the shortest woman in the world.
It was nice to see Ibrahim and Jyothi in person. I've never seen such a tall man as Ibrahim Takioulla. Jyothi Amge is so tiny, with a baby voice. It was quite a visual impact when Jyothi was made to stand near Ibrahim, with their huge difference in height. Jyothi's parents were sitting at a table near 'Paul' restaurant. When I spoke to Jyothi's parents, they told me, she is studying in grade 11. Among other children they have, Jyothi is the only child with a growth anomaly. Her restricted height is due to a condition called achondroplasia. Jyothi has a infectious smile and she was the star of the show. When the organizer asked what she felt like being in Kuwait, Jyothi answered, ' Iam very-very happy to be here'.
I am not sure about Ibrahim Takioulla, but Jyothi and her parents flew back to India last night.
|Ibrahim Takioulla and Jyothi Amge|
|Children gather to take photos with Jyothi|
Friday, 15 March 2013
Dubai Miracle Garden in Dubailand near Arabian Ranches, houses the most beautiful and biggest natural flower garden in the world with 45 million flowers. The landscape designs in the garden are amazing. The Dubai Miracle garden was launched on Valentine's Day on 14 February 2013.
Akar Landscaping and Agriculture Co. are the creators of this wonderful garden. According to Akar, no two seasons will be the same at Miracle Garden. Visitors will get to experience different themes each season. This is just the first phase. The second phase which would start around mid 2013, will involve construction of retail outlets, restaurants, souvenir shops, plant nurseries and a multistorey car park. They hope to attract one million visitors a year once fully operational. Through re-usage of waste water through drip irrigation, Akar intends to prove that it's possible to turn the desert green.
Thursday, 14 March 2013
We attended a beautiful musical concert "Take the A-Train with City Jazz Trio and Mike del Ferro" at the Maidan Cultural Center last evening. The musical concert was in two parts. The first half hour was a piano recital by Mike del Ferro from Holland. The second half hour was a beautiful scintillating jazz concert with Samy Ibrahim on the piano, Saber Ahmediev - percussion and Edward Timershin on the trumpet. We totally enjoyed the event.
On Tuesday we were at Marina Crescent and saw that they had started a boat cruise that would last for about an hour, starting from Marina Crescent up to the Kuwait Towers and back. There are two different charges for two kinds of boats. One is 8 K.D. and the other 10 K.D. Food and refreshments are not included and can be purchased from the boat during the trip. The cruise timings are around 8.30 pm to 9.30pm. The ticket counter is located outside near the waters opposite Asha's Restaurant. Looks fascinating and it would be worth going on this short boat cruise for an hour. From the sea waters, the land would appear magical with all the night lights and beautifully lit up buildings at night. I am not sure if this is a temporary attraction or a permanent one. When I inquired at the ticket counter, I was told, the boat cruise service is on a daily basis. Sounds interesting? Pass by Marina Crescent and check it out.