Thursday 23 August 2012

MY PHOTO FOR THE DAY - GIFT OF FLOWERS, A PAINTING BY ME

This is a painting I did for my husband way back in 2004! That was the first time I painted flowers using oil paints. I remember how anxious and apprehensive I was that time, wondering if it would come out alright. It seemed difficult in the beginning, but as I kept working on it, there was flow, a continuity, fuelled by the desire of wanting to see it reach completion. It was something special I wanted to gift my husband. This taught me that whatever seems impossible, difficult or hard in the beginning, if you are passionate about your desire or dream, and follow it, without stopping, you will see it fulfilled in some way or other.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful painting and am sure seeing it to completion was all the reward you could ask for.

KUWEIGHT64 said...

Thanks! The greatest reward was several - how the painting turned out in the end and how much my husband liked it and when he put it up in his office, surprisingly a lot of his co-workers asked if they could buy it from him!