Tuesday 12 June 2012

MY PHOTOS FOR THE DAY - STAIRCASE ASTON HALL

Having worked in an Engineering consultancy firm (a long time ago before I went into teaching), I was surrounded by architects and engineers who created wonderful design drawings for clients and saw to the execution and completion of huge projects. During my travel, my fascination  for architectural designs, and buildings find me spending hours reveling at the marvel of architecture, be it old palaces, 15th century houses, monuments, museums and even modern day buildings. I enjoy capturing pictures of old staircases, doors and windows. They transport you to a different era.

Here are two photos of an old staircase, I took, during my visit to Aston Hall  (a Jacobean mansion built in 1635) in Birmingham. The staircases would have undergone restoration work.
.



Aston Hall, Birmingham, West Midlands


No comments: