Monday 5 December 2011

WEIGHT LOSS - WHEAT FREE DIET



Have you been trying to lose weight, working hard, being sincere in your weight loss attempts and you are disappointed that you are not losing weight? Well, tell you what, try a 'wheat free diet'. I have been experimenting with healthy alternatives, without starving, making sure I get the right amount of nourishment through conscious healthy eating choices.  On and off, I have been testing wheat free diet for the past 2 months.  It all started with an article I read in a magazine, where it mentioned that doctors who put overweight people on wheat free diet, lost considerable weight. I did some research and reading on losing weight through a wheat free program.

Let me share my experience with you.  Firstly, I love bread and I always have, like most people. I didn’t know I could live without it. I eliminated white breads, and anything that uses white flour (refined flour). Slowly, I even eliminated brown bread. I would eat rice, potatoes in moderate quantity as our body requires carbohydrates.  I would have everything else…fish, chicken, meat, vegetables, fruits, yoghurt, low fat cheese etc., MINUS the oils, fried foods, and sugary foods and desserts.  I treat myself once a week to anything I enjoy eating but in controlled portions that does not affect my weight loss program or disrupt my self- restraint when it comes to food.  Yes !!!! I lost weight on the wheat free diet and hope to continue. Oh you see...wheat free diet is different from including gluten free foods in your diet. Gluten free products contain alternative substitutes to wheat and contain preservatives and additives, which I don't really support. It's  better to have foods that are not processed. Wheat free means - eliminating  wheat from your diet and no artificial gluten free subtitutes. You can have brown rice or potatoes or other natural foods for carbohyrate requirement.

Wheat free diet can promote overall well being, increased energy levels, prevents bloating in the stomach and help  lose weight consistently. This means, no breads of any kind, no pizzas, burger buns or rolls, cakes, pastries, whatever that would contain brown flour or refined flour. Ofcourse, this is not enough as you know…you have to exercise…don’t let the cold weather stop you from getting exercise. Go for walks, go to gym, do some aerobics at home. The important thing is you have to burn calories to lose weight... If you chose to do Yoga, do it thrice a week and rest three times, you could do a cardio, aerobics or brisk walking. It’s normal to want to eat more during winter, but that’s when you ‘shouldn’t give up’.  

In three weeks, we are entering the New Year. Don’t wait until the New Year to begin, to lose weight. Start now…and see the results and the stunning  ‘new you’ by January 1st. This will give you great confidence and encourage you to continue your weight loss program when the New Year begins as well.  Don’t overindulge on the following days – Christmas eve, Christmas day, New year’s eve and New Year’s day.  You can have a great time without overindulging in food!

No comments: