Saturday 26 November 2011

LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT

This little book is available in Hallmark, Marina Mall

In our stress filled, fast paced life we tread, mostly waiting for big things to happen to fill us with happiness, its nice to remind ourselves of the little things in our day to day life that matter which can make us happy. When I was at Hallmark the other day, I saw a little book, 'Little things mean a lot'. I didn't have time to go through the contents, but I am sure it would be nice inspirational book. When I saw it, it reminded me of a famous and beautiful poem by Julia Fietcher Carney.

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.
So the little moments,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages
Of Eternity.

So the little errors
Lead the soul away
From the paths of virtue
Far in sin to stray.

Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Help to make earth happy,
Like the Heaven above.

In the summer of 1845, Julia attended a class for teachers. She along with her classmates were given a mere ten minutes to complete a writing assignment and as a part of that, she wrote the first four lines of this poem and later extended the poem. I just love this poem!

What are the little things that mean a lot to you? What are the little things that make you happy?

No comments: