Monday 13 June 2011

GROWING UP WITH DAD - HUMOUR OR LIFE'S TRUTH?



I got this in my mail recently and thought of sharing it in my blog. 
  
Growing Up With Dad
At...
Four years old
My daddy can do anything.
 
Five years old
My daddy knows a whole lot.
 
Six years old
My dad is smarter than your dad

Eight years old
My dad doesn’t know exactly everything.
 
Ten years old
In the olden days, when my dad grew up, things were sure different.
 
Twelve years old
Oh, well, naturally, Dad doesn’t know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.

Fourteen years old
Don’t pay any attention to my dad. He is so old-fashioned.
 
Twenty-one years old
Him? My Lord, he’s hopelessly out of date
.
Twenty-five years old
Dad knows about it, but then he should, because he has been around so long
.
Thirty years old 
Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks. After all, he’s had a lot of experience.

Thirty-five years old
I’m not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad

Forty years old
I wonder how Dad would have handled it. He was so wise.
 
Fifty years old
I’d give anything if Dad were here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn’t appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him.
.

No comments: